Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service appertains to stockpiling and/or sharing given web content on a web server hosted by a website hosting supplier. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's examine them. Thus, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to launch a website, email aliases, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by given file storage providers, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are often supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would share the tasks at hand between separate packs of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some providers offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you want to share a large quantity of images with comrades or partners since the service is mostly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to administering your e-mailbox accounts. Some corporations provide hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you want to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to use as many videos as you want to without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to own a web site. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mail addresses, upload video files, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the regular email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular web content only.